Our Courses & Prices
Pathway Pilot Training (path2pilot.com)
ATPL (A) : Ground School valid for EASA and UK CAA Licences:
- Distance Learning.
- Licence Conversions.
- KSA training & assessment days for non-enrolled students.
- "A La Carte" Attendance at lectures and/or subject revision days.
ATPL(H) Conversion to ATPL(A).
KSA100 Completion Certificate : KSA Assessments now included in all Residential and DL Courses from 2020.
KSA Assessment Days (6-monthly). Available to external candidates by invitation only from summer 2021.
PBN Upgrade : Short course for Certificate of PBN Ground School Course Completion.
Exam Centre (see Year Planner for dates): Open to All
UK CAA Exams - booked through CAA website
PPL/CPL/ATPL Exams - booked through Kay email: email@example.com
ICAO English Language Quaification Tests/Certificates. Available to external candidates.
Pre-requisites for ATPL Courses
You need to have completed a Private Pilots Licence (PPL) before starting commercial pilot training or have equivalent military experience. A PPL is not a regulatory requirement for starting ATPL ground school, but this level of flying knowledge and experience is a sensible starting point and so required by Pathway. A suitable PPL course can be arranged by us if needed - this enables you and us to assess if you are suited to becoming a professional pilot. You also need to have basic academic qualifications in Maths & Physics and, for non-native speakers, an adequate level of English. A personal Apple device (iPad or Macbook) is needed to enable you download the iBooks for the course - these are then yours to keep for the rest of your flying career. A Class 1 Medical Certificate is highly recommended before you embark on the expense of an ATPL.
- Residential or Distance Learning ATPL(A) groundschool located at Rosyth near Edinburgh in Scotland for PPL holders or EASA licence conversions.
- Instructor-led personalised tuition covering in depth all 13 subjects required for the CAA and EASA ATPL(A) exams. Morning lectures and afternoon instructor-led tutorials for residential courses and pre-exam revision weeks.
- Industry leading iPad based ATPL reference material (Padpilot) downloads included for all subjects, yours to keep.
- Residential Course is full time for 6 months at Rosyth (near Edinburgh Airport) and then 2/3 months of part-time self-study at home. Divided into 5 modules of 2 months with 3 exams taken at the end of each module to evenly spread the load over 5 exam sessions.
- Distance Learning is 11-19 months and is divided into 5 flexible modules with exams taken at the end of each module after several days of intensive residential revision. Faster track available for very experienced pilots.
- You can start the course every 2 months at the beginning of any module and take the exams at any CAA or EASA Exam Centre when ready.
- All subjects ATPL iBooks included with free updates.
- Online progress tests embedded.
- Exam question bank included for 12 months.
- It is a CAA/EASA requirement that all exams are completed in an 18-month period.
New For 2021 !!!!
KSA100 Cerification (mandatory for new EASA ATPL Syllabus), Assessments and a KSA100 Completion Certificate now included in all Residential and DL courses.
Joint ATO for both EASA & UK CAA. Our ATPL(A) Courses are recognised/regulated by both EASA and the UK CAA.
On-Site ATPL Exam Centre. An established exam centre for both UK CAA and AustroControl exams available every 2 months on site. Open to all. Dates below.
English Language Qualification Test Centre & Examiner. On site - see FAQs for more details.
Residential Course (recommended for those new to aviation)..
£5690 (including VAT). New syllabus only.
Distance Learning Course (usually for more experienced pilots)
Flexible study plan - from 11 to 22 months with up to 5 residential revision weeks included prior to each exam session (Military Fast Track 6 months available) .
£2570 (incuding VAT). New syllabus only.
ATPL(H) conversion to ATPL(A)
£1500 (including VAT) - Distance Learning 5 ATPL subjects, 6 months.
ATPL Exam Booking Fees (not included in above course prices)
UK CAA : £73 per exam (booked and paid for on CAA website).
AustroControl : £73 (including VAT) per exam: Booked and paid to Pathway: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AustroControl PPL exams. £250 for all 9 subjects in one sitting
Additional possibilites open to those not enrolled on a Pathway Course:
"A la Carte" Residential (partial course)
External candidates attandance at module lectures in class. POA.
Stand Alone Revision Days - for those not enrolled on a course (NB: these are included in the course price for enrolled students)
£400 (including VAT) for 3 or more consequetive days. Or £150 per single day.
Stand Alone KSA Assessment Day - for those not enrolled on a P2P course (these are included in the course price for enrolled students)
£250 (including VAT).
ICAO English Language Testing & Certification: In-house examiner
€165 (Including VAT) : Language test & issue of Certificate to ICAO Rating Scale. Underwritten by LingAero, France.
PBN Upgrade: Short CBT Course
£250 (including VAT) for CBT training reference material (iBook), progress tests & exam, issue of Certificate of Course Completion.
RESIDENTIAL / DL COURSE START DATES :
|18 Oct 21||Module 1||New Syllabus ECQB 2020|
|03 Jan 22||Module 2||New Syllabus ECQB 2020|
|14 Mar 22||Module 3||New Syllabus ECQB 2020|
|16 May 22||Module 1||New Syllabus ECQB 2020|
|18 Jul 22||Module 2||New Syllabus ECQB 2020|
|26 Sep 22||Module 3||New Syllabus ECQB 2020|
Every 2 months : Click on the following link for more details of start dates, subjects, instructors and revision week/exam dates.
|Rosyth Exam Centre Dates|
- Good value accommodation is readily available near site or in Dunfermline, but not included in price. Typically from £28 - £45 per night (B&B) in local hotels or B&Bs.
- CAA exams can be taken at Rosyth or any CAA Exam Centre : their fees are not included (currently £73 per exam in the UK paid to the CAA diectly).
- AustroControl Exam Fee: £73 per exam paid to us (not included in Course fees).
- Personal planning equipment and 3 CAPs are needed for the course and exams - these are not included in price and cost about £175. Available from our shop if needed.
- Personal iPad or Macbook needed for course material and accessing question banks.
- Payment terms are on the Application Form on the "Enrol Now" page.