Our Courses & Prices
Pathway Pilot Training (path2pilot.com)
ATPL (A) : Ground School valid for EASA and UK CAA Licences:
- Distance Learning.
- Licence Conversions.
- KSA training & assessment days (also for non-enrolled students).
- "A La Carte" Attendance at lectures and/or subject revision days.
ATPL(H) Conversion to ATPL(A).
KSA100 Completion Certificate : KSA Assessments now included in all Residential and DL Courses from 2020.
KSA Assessment Course - 2 Days (6-monthly). Available to external candidates.
PBN Upgrade : Short course for Certificate of PBN Ground School Course Completion.
Exam Centre (see Year Planner for dates): Open to All
UK CAA Exams - booked through CAA website
PPL/CPL/ATPL Exams - booked through Romana email: email@example.com
ICAO English Language Qualification Tests/Certificates. Available to external candidates.
Pre-requisites for ATPL Courses
You need to have completed an ICAO recognised Private Pilots Licence (PPL) before starting commercial pilot training or have equivalent military experience. A PPL is not a regulatory requirement for starting ATPL ground school, but this level of flying knowledge and experience is a sensible starting point and so required by Path2pilot.com. A suitable PPL course can be arranged by us if needed - this enables you and us to assess if you are suited to becoming a professional pilot. You also need to have basic academic qualifications in Maths & Physics and, for non-native speakers, an adequate level of English. A personal Apple device (iPad or Macbook) is needed to enable you download the iBooks for the course - these are then yours to keep. A Class 1 Medical Certificate is highly recommended before you embark on the expense of an ATPL.
- Residential or Distance Learning ATPL(A) groundschool located at Rosyth near Edinburgh in Scotland for PPL holders or EASA licence conversions.
- Instructor-led personalised tuition covering in depth all 13 subjects required for the CAA and EASA ATPL(A) exams. Morning lectures and afternoon instructor-led tutorials for residential courses and pre-exam revision weeks.
- Industry leading iPad based ATPL reference material (Padpilot) downloads included for all subjects, yours to keep.
- Residential Course is full time for 6 months at Rosyth (near Edinburgh Airport) and then 2/3 months of part-time self-study at home. Divided into 5 modules of 2 months with 3 exams taken at the end of each module to evenly spread the load over 5 exam sessions.
- Distance Learning is 11-19 months and is divided into 5 flexible modules with exams taken at the end of each module after several days of intensive residential revision. Faster track available for very experienced pilots.
- You can start the course every 2 months at the beginning of any module and take the exams at any CAA or EASA Exam Centre when ready.
- All subjects ATPL iBooks included with free updates.
- Online progress tests embedded.
- Exam question bank included for 12 months.
- It is a CAA/EASA requirement that all exams are completed in an 18-month period.
New for 2023 !!!
DL Courses now available that can be 100% on line to individual students and Flight Schools (EASA ATOs) outside Scotland. Collaboration with EASA and UK CAA Flight Schools is offered under the oversight of our ATO for ATPL(A) ground training and exams.
KSA100 Certification (now mandatory for EASA & UK CAA ATPL Syllabus), Industry leading team training, assessments and a KSA100 Completion Certificate now included in all our Residential and DL courses. External candidates can be accepted on our 2-day KSA assessment courses if space available. For other EASA ATOs, external 2-day KSA Assessment courses on your site can be arranged for a minimum of 4 students. Note that the EASA KSA Completion Certificate is acceptable to AustroControl for students enrolled at a different ATO to enable final ATPL exams to be taken.
From 2021 we offer:
Joint ATO for both EASA & UK CAA. Our ATPL(A) Courses are recognised/regulated by both EASA and the UK CAA.
On-Site ATPL Exam Centre. An established exam centre for both UK CAA and AustroControl exams available every 2 months on site. Open to all. Dates below.
English Language Qualification Test Centre & Examiner. On site - see FAQs for more details.
Residential Course (recommended for those new to aviation)..
£6995 (including VAT).
Distance Learning Course (usually for more experienced pilots)
Flexible study plan - from 11 to 22 months with up to 5 residential revision weeks included prior to each exam session (Military / Licence Convex Fast Track 6 months available) .
£2985 (including VAT).
£2585 (if VAT exempt - residents outside the UK)
ATPL(H) conversion to ATPL(A)
£1350 (including VAT) - Distance Learning 5 ATPL subjects, 6 months.
For holders of valid ATPL (H) licence [or CPL(H)] to ATPL (A) [or CPL(A)] with current exam credits.
ATPL (PPL) Exam Booking Fees (not included in above course prices)
UK CAA : £82 per exam (booked and paid for on CAA website).
AustroControl : £82 (including VAT) per exam: Booked and paid to Pathway: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AustroControl PPL exams. £360 for all 9 subjects in one sitting (Austro rules).
Additional possibilites open to those not enrolled on a Pathway Course:
"A la Carte" Residential (partial course)
External candidates attandance at module lectures in class. POA.
Stand Alone Revision Days - for those not enrolled on a course (NB: these are included in the course price for enrolled students)
£540 (including VAT) for 3 or more days in our revsion week. Or £220 per single day.
Stand Alone KSA Training & Assessment Days - for those not enrolled on a P2P course (these are included in the course price for enrolled students)
£540 (including VAT) for a 2-day course at Rosyth with KSA Completion Certificate. External 2-day KSA Courses on your site can be provided for 4 or more candidates.
ICAO English Language Testing & Certification: In-house examiner
€185 (Including VAT) : Language test & issue of Certificate to ICAO Rating Scale. Underwritten by LingAero, France.
PBN Upgrade: Short CBT Course
£400 (including VAT) for CBT training reference material (iBook), progress tests & exam, issue of Certificate of Course Completion.
RESIDENTIAL / DL COURSE START DATES :
|28-Aug-23||Module 2||UK CAA & EASA|
|30-Oct-23||Module 3||UK CAA & EASA|
|15-Jan-24||Module 1||UK CAA & EASA|
|18-Mar-24||Module 2||UK CAA & EASA|
|27-May-24||Module 3||UK CAA & EASA|
|29-Jul-24||Module 1||UK CAA & EASA|
|30-Sep-24||Module 2||UK CAA & EASA|
Every 2 months : Click on the following link for more details of start dates, subjects, instructors and revision week/exam dates.
|Rosyth Exam Centre Dates|
|UK CAA Exams||23-Aug-23||to||25-Aug-23|
|UK CAA Exams||25-Oct-23||to||27-Oct-23|
|UK CAA Exams||10-Jan-24||to||12-Jan-24|
|UK CAA Exams||13-Mar-24||to||15-Mar-24|
|UK CAA Exams||15-May-24||to||17-May-24|
|UK CAA Exams||24-Jul-24||to||26-Jul-24|
|UK CAA Exams||25-Sep-24||to||27-Sep-24|
- Good value accommodation is readily available near site or in Dunfermline, but not included in price. Typically from £45 - £50 per night (B&B) in local hotels or B&Bs.
- CAA exams can be taken at Rosyth or any CAA Exam Centre : their fees are not included (currently £82 per exam in the UK paid to the CAA diectly).
- AustroControl Exam Fee: £82 per exam paid to us (not included in Course fees).
- Personal planning equipment and 3 CAPs are needed for the course and exams - these are not included in price and cost up to £195 if needed. Available from our shop.
- Personal Tablet or Macbook or PC needed for course material and accessing question banks.
- Payment terms are on the Application Form on the "Enrol Now" page.