Our Courses & Prices
Pathway Pilot Training (path2pilot.com)
ATPL (A) : Ground School for EASA Licence:
- Distance Learning
- Licence Conversions
- "A La Carte" Attendance at lectures or revision weeks
ATPL(H) Conversion to ATPL(A)
PBN Upgrade : Short course for Certificate of PBN Ground School Course Completion
KSA100 Completion Certificate : KSA Assessments now included in all Residential and DL Courses from 2020
You need to have completed a Private Pilots Licence (PPL) before starting commercial pilot training or have equivalent military experience. A PPL is not a regulatory requirement for starting ATPL ground school, but this level of flying knowledge and experience is a sensible starting point and so required by Pathway. A suitable PPL course can be arranged by us if needed - this enables you and us to assess if you are suited to becoming a professional pilot. You also need to have basic academic qualifications in Maths & Physics and, for non-native speakers, an adequate level of English. A personal Apple device (iPad or Macbook) is needed to enable you download the iBooks for the course - these are then yours to keep for the rest of your flying career. A Class 1 Medical Certificate is highly recommended before you embark on the expense of an ATPL.
- Residential or Distance Learning ATPL(A) groundschool located at Rosyth near Edinburgh in Scotland for PPL holders or EASA licence conversions.
- Instructor-led personalised tuition covering in depth all 14 subjects required for the CAA ATPL(A) exams. Morning lectures and afternoon instructor-led tutorials for residential courses and pre-exam revision weeks.
- Industry leading iPad based ATPL reference material (Padpilot) downloads included for all subjects, yours to keep.
- Residential Course is 6 months' full time at Rosyth (near Edinburgh) and 4/5 months of part-time self-study at home. Divided into 5 modules of 2 months with 3 exams taken at the end of each module to evenly spread the load over 5 exam sessions.
- Distance Learning is 11-19 months and is divided into 5 flexible modules with exams taken at the end of each module after several days of intensive residential revision. Faster track available for very experienced pilots.
- You can start the course every 2 months at the beginning of any module and take the exams at any CAA or EASA Exam Centre when ready.
- All subjects ATPL iBooks included with free updates.
- Online practice question bank and progress tests included for 12 months.
- It is a CAA requirement that all exams are completed in an 18-month period.
New For 2020 !!!!
KSA100 Training, Assessments and Completion Certificate now included in all Residential and DL courses. Mandatory for new syllabus.
On-Site Exam Centre. An approved exam centre for both UK CAA and AustroControl exams available every 2 months on site. Open to all.
Brexit-proofing. Our ATPL(A) Courses will be recognised by EASA when the UK CAA leaves EASA in 2021.
Fast Track Military Courses (ELCAS Approved). A 'Fast Track' DL course is now available from 6-10 months for experienced military pilots.
Residential Course (recommended for those new to aviation)..
£5790 (including VAT). New syllabus only from 9 Nov 20.
Distance Learning Option (usually for more experienced pilots)
Flexible - from 11 to 22 months with up to 5 residential revision weeks included prior to each exam session (Military Fast Track 6 months available) .
£2670 (including VAT). Current syllabus only until Jul 2020 (or Sep 20 for Fast Track DL only).
£2670 (incuding VAT). New syllabus only from Sep 2020.
ATPL(H) conversion to ATPL(A)
£1500 (including VAT) - Distance Learning 5 ATPL subjects, 6 months.
PBN Upgrade: Short CBT Course
£250 (including VAT) for CBT training reference material (iBook), progress tests & exam, issue of Certificate of Course Completion.
"A la Carte" Residential , DL or Revision Days (partial course)
Stand Alone Revision Weeks - for those not enrolled on a course (these are included in the course price for enrolled students)
£400 (including VAT) for 3 or more consequetive days. Or £150 per single day.
RESIDENTIAL / DL COURSE START DATES :
|Course Start Dates - Rosyth Business Centre|
|Module 3||06-Jul-20||Current Syllabus|
|Module 1||07-Sep-20||Current Syllabus|
|Module 2||09 Nov-20||New Syllabus|
|Module 3||01 Feb 21||New Syllabus|
|Module 1||05-Apr-21||New Syllabus|
Every 2 months : Click on the following link for more details of start dates, subjects, instructors and revision week/exam dates.
- Good value accommodation is readily available on site or in Dunfermline, but not included in price. Typically from £300/month (all-in) for a professional standard room nearby or in Dunfermline or from £28 per night (B&B) in local hotels or B&Bs.
- CAA exams can be taken in Scotland or any CAA Centre : their fees are not included (currently £73 per exam in the UK).
- Personal planning equipment and 3 CAPs are needed for the course and exams - these are not included in price and cost about £170.
- Personal iPad or Macbook needed for course material and accessing question banks.
- Payment terms are on the Application Form on the "Enrol Now" page.