Our Courses & Prices
Pathway Pilot Training (path2pilot.com)
ATPL (A) : Ground School for EASA Licence:
- Distance Learning
- Licence Conversions
- "A La Carte" Attendance at lectures or revision weeks
ATPL(H) Conversion to ATPL(A)
PBN Upgrade : Short course for Certificate of PBN Ground School Course Completion
You need to have completed a Private Pilots Licence (PPL) before starting our commercial pilot training. This is not a regulatory requirement, but this level of flying experience is a sensible starting point and so required by Pathway. A suitable PPL course can be arranged by us if needed - this enables you and us to assess if you are suited to becoming a professional pilot. You also need to have basic academic qualifications in Maths & Physics and, for non-native speakers, an adequate level of English. You also need a personal Apple device (iPad or Macbook) to enable you download the iBooks for the course - these are then yours to keep for the rest of your flying career. A Class 1 Medical Certificate is highly recommneded before you embark on the expense of an ATPL.
- Residential or Distance Learning ATPL(A) groundschool located at Rosyth near Edinburgh in Scotland for PPL holders or EASA licence conversions.
- Instructor-led personalised tuition covering in depth all 14 subjects required for the CAA ATPL(A) exams. Morning lectures and afternoon instructor-led tutorials for residential courses and pre-exam revision weeks.
- Industry leading iPad based ATPL reference material (Padpilot) downloads included for all subjects, yours to keep.
- Residential Course is 6 months' full time at Rosyth (near Edinburgh) and 4/5 months of part-time self-study at home. Divided into 5 modules of 2 months with 3 exams taken at the end of each module to evenly spread the load over 5 exam sessions.
- Distance Learning is 11-19 months and is divided into 5 flexible modules with exams taken at the end of each module after several days of intensive residential revision.
- You can start the course every 2 months at the beginning of any module and take the exams at any CAA or EASA Exam Centre when ready.
- All subjects ATPL iBooks included with free updates.
- Online practice question bank and progress tests included for 12 months.
- It is a CAA requirement that all exams are completed in an 18-month period.
Residential Course (recommended for those new to aviation).
£4950 (including VAT)
Distance Learning Option (usually for more experienced pilots)
£2200 (including VAT) - flexible from 11 to 22 months with up to 5 residential revision weeks included prior to each exam session.
ATPL(H) conversion to ATPL(A)
£1000 (including VAT) - Distance Learning 5 ATPL subjects, 6 months
PBN Upgrade: Short CBT Course
£150 (including VAT) for CBT training reference material (iBook), progress tests & exam, issue of Certificate of Course Completion
"A la Carte" Residential , DL or Revision Days (partial course)
Stand Alone Revision Weeks - for those not enrolled on a course (these are included in the course price for enrolled students)
£300 (including VAT) for 3-5 consequetive days. Or £100 per single day.
RESIDENTIAL / DL COURSE START DATES :
Every 2 months : Click on the following link for details of start dates, subjects, instructors and revision week/exam dates.
- Good value accommodation is readily available on site or in Dunfermline, but not included in price. Typically from £300/month (all-in) for a professional standard room nearby or in Dunfermline or from £28 per night (B&B) in local hotels or B&Bs.
- CAA exams can be taken in Scotland or any CAA Centre : their fees are not included (currently £71 per exam in the UK).
- CAA required personal planning equipment and 3 CAPs are needed for the course - these are not included in price and cost about £170.
- Personal iPad or Macbook needed for course material and accessing question banks.
- Payment terms are on the Application Form on the "Enrol Now" page.